Reports To: Front of House Manager
Position Type: (10-15 hours weekly) day, night, and weekend shifts required) Non-Exempt, Seasonal Part-Time
Start Date: January 2020
The Volunteer Coordinator connects members of our community to Broad Stage activities in which they can apply their passion for the arts and their unique skills to enhance the Broad Stage’s cultural footprint as a leading arts organization in the Los Angeles metropolitan area.
The Volunteer Coordinator will recruit and train volunteers, as well as assess their skills and guide volunteers to projects suited to their interests. These projects could include assisting the front of house staff during performances, providing support for community events, and administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, train, assign, and assess volunteers
- Provide day-of supervision of assigned volunteer activities
- Coordinate with various departments to assess needs and augment support for projects and events with volunteers
- Plan and execute volunteer program events including orientations, trainings, and appreciation events
- Document, track, and evaluate volunteers and produce volunteer statistics
- Create and distribute monthly volunteer newsletter
- Attend weekly production and departmental staff meetings
Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in volunteer coordination or management
- Ability and experience working both independently and within a team in a customer or client focused atmosphere
- Ability to exercise tact and grace under pressure and competing deadlines
- Possess impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with project management highly preferred
- Experience with event planning highly preferred
- General knowledge of and/or interest in the performing arts highly preferred
- Day, evening, and weekend availability required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee must be able to stand for long periods of time. The employee may have to climb one or more flights of stairs, as well as move about on the upper levels of the theater. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include seeing in the dark with use of flashlight, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to noisy.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
The Broad Stage is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.