Reports To: Concessions Manager and Front of House Manager
Position Type: Part-time/Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Start Date: January 2020
The Director’s Lounge and Special Events Host works closely with patrons, donors, board members, and outside organizations to cultivate and maintain relationships that directly support the fundraising efforts of the organization. Our Director’s Lounge is an area operated during mainstage events that gives our donors, board members, and other special guests a private location to enjoy snacks and beverages while attending a performance. The Director’s Lounge and Special Events Host supports the Audience Services and Development departments by setting up, operating, and breaking down the Director’s Lounge and special event spaces.
- Gather all essential event and staffing information from stakeholders prior to event start
- Execute the set-up of Director’s Lounge and special events spaces including stocking bars, setting up tables/linens, moving furniture, and adjusting décor
- Manage and oversee Director’s Lounge and special events on the day of, including problem-solving, directing special event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors and/or other contracted staff
- Provide drink and food service in compliance with all California laws regarding the sale and service of alcoholic beverages
- Deliver world-class customer service to all patrons
- Occasional dish washing may be necessary
- Maintain a clean and organized work area including the Director’s Lounge, bar areas, and storage closets
- Keep inventory of supplies and alert the Concessions Manager of any restocking purchases required
- Oversee the breakdown of spaces
- Other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact diplomatically with patrons, donors, board members, and special guests
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, the general public, and other stakeholders
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
- Thorough attention to detail
- Experience with food service and/or bar service
- General knowledge of theaters and the performing arts (preferred)
- General knowledge of and experience with non-profit organizations (Preferred)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be over 21 years of age
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee must be able to stand for long periods. The employee may have to climb one or more flights of stairs, as well as move about on the upper levels of the theater. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to very noisy.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
If interested, please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Director’s Lounge Host” in the subject line.
The Broad Stage is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.