Department: Education & Community Programs
Reports To: Director of Education & Community Programs
The Education & Community Programs Coordinator oversees logistics for Education & Community Programs events and activities onsite at The Broad Stage and off-site in the community ensuring success of each program. The Coordinator contributes ideas, solutions and projects promoting creative exchange, discovery and inclusion within the diverse communities of Santa Monica and Los Angeles. S/he aids the Program Manager and works in collaboration with the Program Assistants, Production Assistants and Interns to fulfill all programmatic initiatives serving families, students, teachers, patrons and community members.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
● Interface with artist/faculty/managers/partners on logistics of programs/events.
● Support all Student Matinee programs on and off site, including booking of school/community groups, transportation funding and event logistics.
● Implement community engagement events on and off site.
● Produce annual community festival, Broad Fest.
● Liaise with Production department on all program logistics and needs.
● Coordinate logistics and scheduling of master classes for Santa Monica College departments.
● Collaborate with Production department and SMC professors to produce Spotlight Talks.
● Generate, deliver and track department contracts.
● Create/assemble content for Family Performances program book.
● Create/implement art projects for select programs and community events.
● Represent Education & Community Programs at Production Meetings.
● Represent Education & Community Programs at internal and external events.
● Perform other duties as assigned by Director and Manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
● Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
● Minimum two years’ experience in arts education and/or production management within a performing arts organization, museum, or other non-profit setting.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
● Detail, solution and follow-through oriented.
● Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Design Suite.
● Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and deadline oriented setting.
● Willing to work evening and weekend performances and events as assigned.
This is a full-time position, with health benefits, 401K, paid vacation, and holidays.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org