Updated: September 23, 2021
We are committed to ensuring that you have an exceptional performance experience, with confidence in the policies and procedures designed for a safe environment for all.
To ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our patrons, staff and artists, The Broad Stage and Santa Monica College are requiring guests to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and to wear masks at all times. This policy applies to all performances, whether indoors or outdoors.
"Fully vaccinated” means your first visit is at least 2 weeks after your final vaccine dose. The following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination:
Vaccination card (which includes the name of the person vaccinated, type of COVID-19 vaccine provided, and date the last dose was administered, which must be at least two weeks prior to the event date)
A photo of the attendee’s vaccination card as a separate document
A photo of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device
Documentation of full vaccination from a healthcare provider
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health requires all guests, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks inside the theater. Wear the mask over your nose and mouth and under your chin. The following are prohibited: Masks with exhalation valves; masks made of loosely woven fabrics; scarves, buffs, bandanas, gaiters, and face shields alone (inadequate protection). Masks will be available upon request.
Guests who require an exemption from vaccination or will be bringing children under the age of 12 must contact Patron Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310.434.3200 at least 2 business days prior to your performance date.
This policy also applies to all staff, artists and volunteers who work onsite. For any questions about this policy, please contact Patron Services at email@example.com or call via 310.434.3200.
NOTE: This policy is subject to changes at any time, in accordance with fluctuating local, state and federal guidelines. Please watch your email for our current policy before your scheduled performance date.
In alignment with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health’s guidelines, The Broad Stage has implemented the following policies and procedures to provide a safe environment for our audiences, artists and staff:
· Enhanced cleaning measures [can we say this confidently? I assume so.]
· Hand sanitizer stations have been added
· Improved indoor air quality: Ventilation systems have been upgraded to MERV-13 filters and enhanced airflow to maximize circulation throughout the facility.
· Reduced contact experience: Digital tickets are available and program books will be available in printed and digital formats.
· Concessions will be temporarily ceased.
· Stay at home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms, have been in contact with someone known to be or suspected to have been infected with COVID-19 within the last 10 days, or if you are subject to a quarantine or isolation order. For ticket return options, please contact Patron Services.
· Sanitize or wash your hands frequently.
· We offer sick pay to our staff, so they don’t feel compelled to work if they are not feeling well.
When will The Broad Stage start live performances?
We will return to indoor performances in October, with a full schedule starting in October 2021, with a full schedule starting in January 2022. See Fall details here. The Winter/Spring 2022 season will be announced in the Fall.
What if I buy tickets and change my mind?
For Fall 2021 events, all ticket purchases are refundable prior to curtain, no questions asked. Please call or email Patron Services for a refund or credit on account. Credit is valid through June 2022. Fees are always non-refundable.
Our Patron Services department is here to help you. Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310.434.3200.