Reports to: Director of Education & Community Programs
The Broad Stage seeks a dynamic community engagement and arts focused professional to serve as their Family Circle Coordinator with extensive knowledge of and connections within the local communities of Santa Monica to join its Education & Community Programs team. Serving as an ambassador of The Broad Stage, the Coordinator will utilize his/her community expertise to manage the Family Circle Membership program implementing related events and cultivating relationships with participants and partners of the program.
Candidates should have a minimum of 2-3 years of direct experience working with community groups, lower income families, performing artists, arts education strategies and performing arts venues. The ideal candidate will share The Broad Stage’s commitment to engaging our local community in and providing meaningful access to the performing arts. He/she will bring fresh ideas and passion to community building and deepen participation and awareness of the Family Circle Membership at The Broad Stage.
- Self-directed, organized and time efficient.
- Verbal, written and translation skills in Spanish.
- Access to computer, printer and internet.
- Experience with various computer programs including Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Outlook.
- Valid driver’s license and transportation.
- Create, coordinate and deliver engagement content at all Family Circle Membership events, including pre and post show art-making, meals, Family Circle orientation, workshops, field trips, and Focus Group.
- Maintain Family Circle contacts, including participant and alumni families.
- Reach out to families, vendors, and partners through email and phone calls.
- Support Education & Community Programs in maintaining relationships with Family Circle partner organizations by attending and presenting at recruiting events at partner sites.
- Process all Family Circle applications and collaborate with Education & Community Programs to select qualified participants.
- Oversee all Family Circle Membership evaluation and reporting.
- Attend all community festivals, including but not limited to Santa Monica College VIP Welcome Day, the City of Santa Monica COAST: Open Streets, and Broad Fest.
This is a part-time employee position, with activities expected to take place between August 2018 - May 2019. Specific activities based on events schedule and determined through discussion with the selected candidate. Payment of $20 per hour for up to 240 hours in the contracted time period is expected.
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter indicating why this project interests them and their approach to accomplishing the programs’ cultural and community goals, a resume and contact information for three professional references indicating past affiliations with these references. All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with FC Coordinator, [name] as the subject line. Application materials will be reviewed as received. Position will remain open until the staffing need is met and may close without advance notice.
The Broad Stage has an unequivocal commitment to supporting and entertaining a diverse community. By presenting world-renowned and emerging performing arts, providing transformative educational opportunities and inspiring our audience, the Broad Stage elevates the human spirit and brings us together in shared humanity. www.thebroadstage.org
Education & Community Programs at The Broad Stage invites creative exchange and discovery. We provide a diverse and dynamic set of offerings to incite curiosity and encourage lifelong connection to the arts. Each season, over 20,000 children, parents, teachers, and community members enjoy access to Student Matinees, Study Guides, Professional Development Workshops, Family Performances, Master Classes & Open Rehearsals and Spotlight Talks. http://www.thebroadstage.org/education
Family Circle Membership is an application-based program designed for our local lower-income families to experience performances, workshops, special events and group field trips. Member families receive a number of benefits including free tickets to The Broad Stage for select performances. Space limited for 30 families. Eligibility requirements and benefits can be found at www.thebroadstage.org/family-circle.