This application-based membership program is designed for local low-income families to experience performances at The Broad Stage. Families accepted to the program also have the opportunity to come together for workshops, special events and group field trips. Space is limited. Membership is valid for two years, at a cost of $25 per family per year.
Families must meet some or all of the following criterion and have demonstrated financial need. Families are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Be interested in the live performing arts.
- Have at least one school-aged child in the household.
- Live less than 8 miles from The Broad Stage
- Have affiliation with our partnering service organizations.
- Enrolled as a Santa Monica College student.
- Are a single parent household.
- Free tickets to three shows per season from a selected list
- Meals & activities after each Family Shows
- Broad Fest stage tour and activities
- Family Circle Orientation Day at The Broad Stage
- Workshop with a visiting Broad Stage artist
- Group field trip to a community organization
- Parent night at The Broad Stage
- Season Announcement
- Transportation vouchers as needed
- Volunteer opportunities
Local partners for Family Circle include: Community Corporation of Santa Monica, City of Santa Monica’s Virginia Avenue Park and Police Activities League and Extended Opportunity Program & Services (EOPS) at Santa Monica College.
To learn more, contact us at (310) 434-3431 or email@example.com.