Reports to: Education & Community Programs Manager
The Education & Community Programs Assistant is responsible for supporting overall department events and goals. S/he reports to the Education & Community Programs Manager.
- General department administration, external communication and event logistics and supplies.
- Staff Education & Community events throughout the season, including K-12 Programs, Family Programs, College events and pre/post-show engagement.
- Build and maintain Education & Community Programs calendar and departmental deadlines.
- Support the Family Circle program through general participant communication and event logistics support.
- Maintain K-12 Programs communication with teachers, bus companies and event participants.
- Build and maintain the K-12 Programs curriculum archive.
- Track Education & Community Programs contracts, in collaboration with Programming and Production.
- Coordinate the schedule of pre/post-show speakers throughout the season.
- Communicate with Marketing for basic website maintenance and updates.
- Complete research projects for various Education & Community Programs events, curriculum and logistics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: knowledge, requirements, and essential skills
- Bachelor’s degree in arts education, communications, sociology, or related field.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and thorough work habits.
- Experience with various computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds.
Minimum Requirements: Essential functions and abilities
- Enthusiasm, dedication, and a drive to succeed.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently operate office equipment including telephones, computers, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours and increased hours as needed.
- Willing to working evening and weekend performances and events as assigned.
This is a part-time entry level position. Wages are paid hourly, up to 29 hours per week.
Deadline to apply is February 25, 2018. Interested candidates should e-mail resume, cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org