Reports To: Front of House Manager/Front of House Supervisor
Position Type: Part-Time Non Exempt, Seasonal
The Broad Stage is currently seeking friendly, enthusiastic, and reliable individuals with strong communication skills to join their FOH Team. All applicants must be able to work a flexible "shift" schedule including weekday student matinees, nights and weekends. Expected start date is September 2018.
Having the highest volume of interactions with the majority of the public, the Front of House (FOH) team is a critical part to the success of all performances at The Broad Stage. Associates are responsible for welcoming patrons as they arrive, quickly assisting them as needed, and ensuring that they have a safe, inclusive and positive theater experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend the FOH meeting prior to each event
- Tidy the theater and lobby before/after performances, including moving lobby furniture
- Greet patrons as they arrive; collect and verify tickets; escort patrons to their seats; distribute programs
- Assist patrons who require special accommodations by distributing large-print programs, assistive listening devices (ALDs), and/or assisting patrons with mobility impairments
- Answer patron questions regarding events, the theater and the organization
- Resolve seating difficulties; respond to patron complaints
- Monitor patrons during performances and address issues of audience behavior, safety, and comfort as they arise; enforce house rules
- Sell merchandise at select performances
- Participate in emergency evacuation of the theater, when necessary
Other duties as assigned
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to use proper etiquette and good judgment when situations escalate
- Ability to work independently
- Evening and weekend availability required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- General knowledge of the performing arts (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee must be able to stand for long periods of time. The employee may have to climb one or more flights of stairs, as well as move about on the upper levels of the theater. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include seeing in the dark with use of flashlight, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to noisy.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
If interested, please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include “Usher” in the subject line.